The Salvation Army Vancouver Harbour Light
The Salvation Army Vancouver Harbour Light is located in the heart of Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. Our primary objective is to assist men and women over the age of 19 who are shelterless, incarcerated or whose lives have become dysfunctional because of addiction to chemical substances.
The Salvation Army is motivated by a commitment to God and a practical concern for the needs of humanity. Our spiritual and humanitarian services are part of a continuum of care that provides individuals with the support and resources they need to change the course of their lives. Harbour Light provides "building blocks" that enable clients to regain their health, obtain shelter, participate in a recovery program from substance abuse, access affordable housing, build employment skills, and rebuild their personal relationships.
Harbour Light is dedicated to the recognition of the dignity and worth of people, where God's love is demonstrated in a practical way through holistic programs that attend to the spiritual, social, physical and psychological well-being of the individual.
- "I came to Harbour Light and found something I didn’t know I was looking for…me!" - James - former client
- "Since coming to Harbour Light to enhance my chance at a better life I have learned to love who I have become" - Billy - former client
- “The greatness of a man's power is the measure of his surrender.” – William Booth, founder of The Salvation Army
- “Harbour Light provided me with the means to shape my future" - Thomas - former client”
- "I am here today because The Salvation Army saved my life" - Carmello - former client
- “Harbour Light gave me a second chance at being a dad, and for that my daughter and I will be forever grateful" - Ian - former client
- “OTHERS. It is not about us, it is about others" - William Booth, founder of The Salvation Army, when asked to describe The Salvation Army.